Friday, May 11, 2007

Tempers fidgit

Wow - how did May get here so fast?! We are all in the throes of DC allergies - a good rain would be very welcome at this point! Ian was in his first school play (and was fabulous, of course!) and Josie took her first few steps. She's still walking on one knee, looking all the world like she's fencing someone. I had a week or two where it was actually fairly slow, but I have learned from history! This time, I embraced the downtime. I did not immediately rush out and try and fill it with personal projects. And it was nice! We actually got to spend some weekend time together as a family. Granted, it was mostly spent sorting things out for our big yard sale next week, but hey, quality time is quality time, right? :)

I know it's a little early to start thinking about these things, but I'm going to try something new this year for holiday portraits. Some other photographers and I are getting together to do a one-weekend fundraiser to benefit several local organizations that help children. I hope to have everything organized by July. It will be a nice way to give something back to the community, and I'm really excited about it. I can't wait until we start promoting it!

Have a happy Mother's Day!

Here are a few recent pics from the studio -

No comments: