Saturday, January 12, 2008

I love Tampa

Okay, technically, I didn't really get to see much of the city. But I had a great time there, and almost everyone I met was lovely. Including the TSA people at the airport. Actually, especially the TSA people at the airport. Who knew they could have a sense of humor? I guess being in Florida just brings it out in you.

Why was I in Tampa, you may be asking? (Assuming you haven't read my blog before....) Because I went to Imaging USA, the hugely gigantic seminar and tradeshow jamboree put on by PPA, the Professional Photographers of America (of which I am proudly a member, and certified by them to boot!) I saw some great speakers, came home with some new ideas (my new motto: What Would MacGuiver Do?) I don't even want to think about how much money I spent on samples. But y'all are going to loooove what I ordered. Jewelry. Bags. Frames. Oooh la la. Some veddy veddy nice new things. Oh! And I got my floors! My contractor installed them while I was gone. So I left a mess and came home to lovely, lovely floors (with a mess on top).

And also, to sick children. Apparently, there's a GI bug going around. Sick toddler. Sick 6 year old. 4 days I couldn't go into the studio. My policy is that if one of my kids is sick beyond a sniffle, I don't go into the studio for 24 hours after they've recovered. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a bit of a germ phobe, and I cant' stand the the possibility that I might carry something yucky into the studio. I don't want anyone to get sick. I appreciate the understanding of my clients this week when I had to reschedule them not once, but twice (kid 1 was sick on Wednesday, kid 2 was sick on Friday). And now everyone is better. Yay!

Oh! One more thing - the 2008 price list is finally done. Drop me a line and I'm happy to send you one. Cheers!

No comments: