Friday, January 4, 2008

the best laid plans...

So the plan was to finish editing the first week of December and have a sane holiday with the kids. Hahahahaha.

Yeah. Didn't actually go that way, it turns out. Instead, I was racing to finish editing right up until the day before the lab closed (technically, a day ahead of 2006's schedule!) and delivered the last batch of prints on Christmas eve. And then I had to stop. Just for a few days, but I had to not think about photography, other than taking snapshots of my wee beasties. I spent a few days after the holidays working on the 2008 price list and have got it about halfway finished. The basic prices are there; now I am working on the packages, trying to fit what people seem to want the most with what I want people to have. The basic gist of it is that session fees are going up a bit. I really enjoy spending time with each client, and I want to make this as fulfilling an experience as possible. And that means that I have to take on fewer clients at any given time.

Are you nodding off yet? I know this isn't the most exciting stuff. :) So I'll let you know when it's all done. If you're interested in an updated price list, go ahead and send me an email. I'm happy to send you one.

But speaking of emails, if you send me anything in the next several days, you will only get an automated response. Why? Because at a ridiculously early hour tomorrow, I'm getting on a plane and headin' to Tampa. And it's not for football. Sorry, btw, to all you football fans heading to Tampa and having to stay 20 miles out of town due to the lack of available hotel rooms. But I booked my room in April. I'm going to Imaging USA - the annual convention and tradeshow for the Professional Photographers of America. It's huge. It's amazing. And I always come back excited, inspired, and full of fantastic ideas of what to do for the next year. I'm going to be incommunicado for the next few days, as I'm not bringing my laptop with me. I'll have my phone, but it will be set on stun for most of the time. I will be in sessions all day and don't want to be that annoying person in the back who can't turn their phone off for even a minute, and are chatting away with their best friend, mindless of the rest of us who keep giving them dirty looks. (No, I'm going to be the one texting everyone instead. :) )

I'll be back very late Tuesday night, and will start returing calls mid-day on Wednesday. (Wednesday morning, my wee-est (weeest?) beastie is having her first swimming class, so I'll be otherwise occupied.)

I hope everyone is having a fabulous 2008 so far. I know we're only 4 days in, but so far, I've been pleased.

Oh! I almost forgot!! My printer used my holiday card picture to send to their clients, which just tickled me to death. Here's what it looked like:

Well, I guess I can't put off packing any longer. My flight is in about 10 hours, and at some point, I need to sleep. :) Cheers!

No comments: