Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Despite rumors to the contrary...

I have NOT fallen off the face of the earth.  I know, I know.  I've missed you so, my faithful fifteen... my delightful dozen (plus three).... my... okay, I just ran out of words.  I was trying to find a Q word that would work with "quince" but I just couldn't make it work.  I'm sorry.  I feel as if I have let you down, and I'm just getting started.  

But enough of that.  I have some things to show you.  I have some things to tell you, too, but I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone.

Here's a little bit of what I've been up to lately...
     

I've had a few babies+older siblings sessions lately.  This weekend, I had two.  Two toddlers with absolutely NO desire to be photographed.   It happens.  It's actually kind of funny when it does, because they are sooo determined to not give in.  And they get that lower lip jutting out, and putting their little feet down, and just doing everything possible to NOT do what you want them to do.  You really have to admire their determination!  

Oh!  And this year's convention and print competition!  I did pretty well.  I had three blue ribbon prints, which makes me happy.    I'm having problems with uploading images, but here is a link to them. 

If you're a photographer, and you want to get a little professional educatin' this weekend, Jeff and Carrolle Dachowski are coming down from New Hampshire to teach an all-day outdoor lighting seminar in Alexandria.  I did a photo safari with them a couple years ago, and it was one of the best moves I ever made.  Seriously.  If you're free on Sunday or Monday, you MUST GO TO THIS.  Of course, if you're not a photographer, you don't HAVE to go.  It would be a little strange, really.  You show up, and they start talking about scrims and fill and asking you which model you want to work with, and finally you say, "Um... I'm an accountant.  I was told I HAD to go to this.  So here I am.  Got anything for me to audit?" 

Well, it *could* happen, you know.

Interested?  Excellent!  Drop me an email and I'll send you the brochure and contact info. 

That's all for now.  I have to go do some mom stuff for a little while, and then I'll be back.  I'm always back.  You know I can't stay away for too long.

No comments: