Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'm back!

Did you miss me?  :)

So - quick highlights (and a lowlight) of Portsmouth VPPA Convention:

1.  New friends: Tracy, Barbi,  Skinny James, and a Eurasian ex-model named G (and many more, I just can't think of everyone off the top of my head.  Y'all know I'm bad with names.)
2.  Toga Party: apparently a larger sheet doesn't mean a safer toga, it just means a bigger toga.  They are just as difficult to keep in place. (and no, there are no pictures.  Thank goodness.)
3.  Shark:  I won $700 (pretend) at blackjack
4.  Blech:   Enough bad things from the hotel that I really don't want to stay there again
5.  3 BLUE RIBBONS:  Whoo hoo!  And one court of honor for my entry in the journalism category.  (And 3 red ribbons, but the blues are the ones that really matter.)  I'm thrilled.  Of course.
6.  Steff falling asleep during print comp:  (3 hours of sleep+4 hours of driving+sitting in a quiet dark room all day)

And now I'm back.  :)

No comments: