Thursday, March 13, 2008

stories in my head

So of course everyone sees things differently (natch!), but one of the things that I love about photography is that when I see an  image, I create this whole story in my mind about what's going on.  I can't look at a picture and not hear conversations and feel their emotions.  (Although I don't think the people staring back at me can really see me, because that would make me CRAZY).  And I love this picture, because of that.  The woman on the left is grandma, and the one on the right is HER mom.  And in my mind, the great-grandma is looking at her great-granddaughter and remembering how small that woman to her right use to be, how she nursed and held and loved that baby more than anything.  And she can't believe it was so long ago, because she just had her *yesterday*, it went by so fast.

So, yeah, I tend to project a little bit.  :)

No comments: